Inspired by the Expo 2020 Dubai theme, ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’, The Online Marketplace aims to drive collaboration and growth by enabling businesses of all sizes to advertise their capabilities, compete for business globally and connect with others within the supply chain.
Expo 2020 Dubai has committed 20% of its spend to local and international Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs), representing billions of dirhams (AED) in opportunities.
The Online Marketplace is a powerful platform for finding the very best products and services on offer globally, including the freshest and most innovative ideas developed by SMEs worldwide.
This is just the beginning of the journey to 2020 and beyond.
Guidelines for using Expo 2020 Dubai
Trademarks and Copyrights
These guidelines are for EXPO 2020 DUBAI licensees, authorized resellers, developers, customers, and other parties wishing to use EXPO 2020 DUBAI’s trademarks, service marks or images in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging. Use of the keyboard EXPO 2020 DUBAI Logo (Option-Shift-K) for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of EXPO 2020 DUBAI may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal and state laws. Use of EXPO 2020 DUBAI trademarks may be prohibited, unless authorized.
If you are a licensee of an EXPO 2020 DUBAI trademark or logo and have been provided with special trademark usage guidelines with your license agreement, please follow those guidelines. If your license agreement does not provide usage guidelines, then follow these guidelines. If you are an EXPO 2020 DUBAI Authorized member of EXPO 2020 DUBAI program, you may be subject to additional restrictions.
EXPO 2020 DUBAI’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using an EXPO 2020 DUBAI trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that EXPO 2020 DUBAI is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with EXPO 2020 DUBAI’s rights in the trademark, including challenging EXPO 2020 DUBAI’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any EXPO 2020 DUBAI trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of an EXPO 2020 DUBAI trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to EXPO 2020 DUBAI. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please talk to your EXPO 2020 DUBAI representative or submit your query to EXPO 2020 DUBAI’s Trademark Department.
Authorized Use of EXPO 2020 DUBAI Trademarks
- Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials: Only EXPO 2020 DUBAI and its authorized resellers and licensees may use the EXPO 2020 DUBAI Logo in advertising, promotional, and sales materials. Such authorized parties may use the EXPO 2020 DUBAI Logo only as specified in their agreement with EXPO 2020 DUBAI and any associated Guidelines and such use must always be in conjunction with the appropriate terms that define the relationship authorized by their contract with EXPO 2020 DUBAI. For example:
Authorized Value Added Reseller
Authorized Service Provider
- Compatibility: Developers may use EXPO 2020 DUBAI, Macintosh, iMac, or any other EXPO 2020 DUBAI word mark (but not the EXPO 2020 DUBAI Logo or other EXPO 2020 DUBAI-owned graphic symbol/logo) in a referential phrase on packaging or promotional/advertising materials to describe that the third party product is compatible with the referenced EXPO 2020 DUBAI product or technology, provided they comply with the following requirements.a. The EXPO 2020 DUBAI word mark is not part of the product name.b. The EXPO 2020 DUBAI word mark is used in a referential phrase such as “runs on,” for use with,” “for,” or “compatible with.”c. The EXPO 2020 DUBAI word mark appears less prominent than the product name.d. The product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced EXPO 2020 DUBAI product.e. The reference to EXPO 2020 DUBAI does not create a sense of endorsement, sponsorship, or false association with EXPO 2020 DUBAI or EXPO 2020 DUBAI products or services.f. The use does not show EXPO 2020 DUBAI or its products in a false or derogatory light.
- Publications, Seminars, and Conferences: You may use an EXPO 2020 DUBAI word mark in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars, or conferences provided you comply with the following requirements:a. The use is referential and less prominent than the rest of the title. Acceptable: XYZ CONFERENCE for Macintosh Computer Users.b. The use reflects favorably on both EXPO 2020 DUBAI and EXPO 2020 DUBAI products or technology. Your name and logo appear more prominent than the EXPO 2020 DUBAI word mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar or conference.d. The EXPO 2020 DUBAI logo or any other EXPO 2020 DUBAI-owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on or in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference without express written permission from EXPO 2020 DUBAI.e. A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by EXPO 2020 DUBAI, similar to the following, is included on the publication and on all related printed materials: “(Title) is an independent (publication) and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by EXPO 2020 DUBAI Inc.”f. A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of EXPO 2020 DUBAI’s ownership of its trademark(s). Please refer to the section below titled “Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution.”
- Web Sites: Web sites that serve only as noncommercial electronic informational forums concerning an EXPO 2020 DUBAI product or technology may use the appropriate EXPO 2020 DUBAI word mark, provided such use complies with the guidelines set forth in Section 3 above.
- EXPO 2020 DUBAI Web Badge Licensing Program: Web sites may use one of the EXPO 2020 DUBAI Web Badges if the site uses or was created using EXPO 2020 DUBAI-branded hardware or software and you comply with the terms of the EXPO 2020 DUBAI Web Badges License Agreement and Guidelines. For more information see EXPO 2020 DUBAI Web Badges.
Unauthorized Use of EXPO 2020 DUBAI Trademarks
- Company, Product, or Service Name: You may not use or register, in whole or in part, EXPO 2020 DUBAI, iPod, iTunes, Macintosh, iMac, or any other EXPO 2020 DUBAI trademark, including EXPO 2020 DUBAI owned graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
- EXPO 2020 DUBAI Logo and EXPO 2020 DUBAI-owned Graphic Symbols: You may not use the EXPO 2020 DUBAI Logo or any other EXPO 2020 DUBAI-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from EXPO 2020 DUBAI, such as a reseller agreement.
- Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations: You may not use an image of a real EXPO 2020 DUBAI or other variation of the EXPO 2020 DUBAI logo for any purpose. Third parties cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of an EXPO 2020 DUBAI trademark for any purpose.
- Disparaging Manner: You may not use an EXPO 2020 DUBAI trademark or any other EXPO 2020 DUBAI owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in a disparaging manner.
- Endorsement or Sponsorship: You may not use EXPO 2020 DUBAI, Macintosh, iMac, or any other EXPO 2020 DUBAI trademark, including EXPO 2020 DUBAI-owned graphic symbols/logos, or icons, in a manner that would imply EXPO 2020 DUBAI’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
- Merchandise Items: You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing EXPO 2020 DUBAI, Macintosh, iMac or any other EXPO 2020 DUBAI trademark, including symbols, logos, or icons, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from EXPO 2020 DUBAI.
- EXPO 2020 DUBAI’s Trade Dress: You may not imitate the distinctive EXPO 2020 DUBAI packaging, web site design, logos, or typefaces.
- Slogans and Taglines: You may not use or imitate an EXPO 2020 DUBAI slogan or tagline.For example: “Connecting Lives, Making a Difference.”