Expo 2020 Dubai® Data privacy and Cookies Policy
1. Privacy and Cookies Policy
This privacy and cookies policy (the “Policy”) is for the use of the website “expo2020dubai.com” (the “Site”) owned and controlled by Expo 2020 Dubai® and/or any of its affiliates (“Expo 2020”). Expo 2020 respects your privacy and complies with Law No. 26 of 2015 on the Regulation of Data Dissemination and Exchange in the Emirate of Dubai, the Penal Code (Federal Law 3 of 1987 as amended), Cyber Crime Law (Federal Law 5 of 2012 regarding Information Technology Crime Control) and any other related law applicable in the UAE.
By using our Site and agreeing to this Policy, you grant your written consent to Expo 2020 to use the cookies in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Policy.
2. What information about you will the Site collect?
When you register for our newsletter, participate in activities or online content competitions, live chats, message boards, or web and mobile notifications, book tickets or log in using our social media connector, we may receive personal information about you.
This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, gender or date of birth, as well as information collected about your navigation patterns on our website. Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information. When we do this, we will provide further information about why we are collecting your information and how we will use it. Where we provide personalised content, we may ask your permission to review third party data about you, for example, your Twitter or Facebook feeds (or LinkedIn, google+, Weibo, We Chat), to get to know you better and to provide more effective personalisation. Some of our services enable you to sign-in via a third party service, such as Facebook. If you choose to sign-in via a third party app, you will be presented with a dialogue box that will ask your permission to allow Expo 2020 to access your personal information (e.g. your full name, date of birth, email address and any other information you have made publicly accessible). Please note that any information that is not required will not be retained by Expo 2020.
The Expo 2020 Site collects information about how you use our content online, and the device(s) you use to access the Site. This includes collecting unique online identifiers such as IP addresses, which are numbers that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet.
3. How might we use your information?
We collect information through a variety of technologies, such as cookies, Flash cookies, pixels, tags, software development kits, application program interfaces, and Web beacons, including when you visit our sites and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms using one or more devices, whether or not you are logged in or registered.
By using our Site, you agree that we may collect, hold, use or otherwise process your information (including personal information) for the purpose of providing you with those products and services, and developing our business, including (without limitation):
- Verifying your identity (for example, when you return to our websites, mobile apps or wearable)
- Personalising the content and advertisements you see on our websites and apps
- Developing the design and style of our products and services to make improvements
- Understanding more about you, such as your location and demographic information
- Informing you about the latest changes
- Informing you of promotions or contests that you may be interested in
- Dealing with, and responding to you about, a comment you have submitted on our message boards, blogs and other such user-generated content facilities: Our websites may provide message boards, blogs and other user-generated content facilities. Anything that you share on these platforms will become public information. You should always be careful when deciding to disclose your personal information
- Enabling you to share our content with others, e.g. by using ‘Email a friend’ and ‘Share this article’ buttons. Before you use ‘Email a friend’ or ‘Share this article’ buttons please make sure that anyone you wish to email or share with are happy for this to occur and expect to receive the email or article. You may only share the details of another person with us where you have their express permission
- Customer services and support
- Informing you if you have been successful in any competitions or promotions
- Compiling visitor reviews, through third party sites
- Conducting market research
- Carrying out statistical, technical and logistical analysis and strategic development
- Communicating with you in relation to your subscription or other non-marketing communications
- Communicating (and personalising such communication) with you, according to your preferences
- Providing push and in-app notifications on apps: Where you install one of our apps on your mobile device, this may use push notifications or in-app notifications. These notifications are used for a variety of reasons, for example, push notifications may be used to trigger an automatic download of new content (such as a new edition). Within the app, you may be able to select to receive only certain types of notifications
- If you use our online ticketing system, order merchandise etc., we may ask for information including your name, email address, delivery and billing address, credit or debit card number and expiry date. These details allow us to process your orders efficiently. Sometimes we may ask for your telephone number to be forwarded to the couriers who may deliver your order.
- Running competitions: If you enter a contest or promotion we may ask for your name, address, email address or telephone number. This is so we can run the contest effectively and tell you if you have won
- Sending you periodic newsletters based on your demographics and preferences of language, location etc.
- Sending you direct marketing. This may include communications by post, telephone or email or SMS about us and our business partners’ products and services, events and special offers
- Maintaining records of our communications with you if you get in contact with us
- Blocking disruptive use and ensuring the security of our website
- Ensuring the integrity of votes, competitions and polls
- Complying with laws and other circumstances permitted under the UAE laws, Data Protection Act 1998 and other data protection laws
Unless you decide to disable Cookies, you agree that the Site may use them. You may at any time disable these Cookies for free from the deactivation possibilities offered to you, knowing that this may reduce or prevent accessibility to all or part of the Services offered by the Site.
5. What is a Cookie and its purpose?
During the consultation of the Site, information relating to the navigation of your terminal (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) on the Site may be recorded in text files called “Cookies”, installed on your browser. Cookies will be used to recognise your browser during the validity period of the Cookie concerned.
Only the issuer of the Cookie concerned may read or modify the information contained therein.
Some Cookies are essential to the use of the Site, others allow optimised use of the Site and to personalise the displayed contents, so Cookies allow:
- To measure and analyse the use of the Site, its sections and Services offered, allowing us to carry out studies and improve the interest and ergonomics of the Site and our Services
- To memorise the display preferences of your browser (used language, display parameters, operating system used, etc.) and to adapt the presentation of the Site during your visits, according to the visualisation and reading materials and software your device and which are used for navigation on our Site navigation
- To memorise the information relating, for example, to a form that you filled out or to a service (registration, social login) or information which you chose (services subscribed etc.)
- To allow you to access the reserved and personal areas of the Site or our Services, such as your personal account, thanks to identifiers or personal data about you previously communicated, allowing you to access personalised content if necessary
- To implement security measures
- Limit the number of ads displayed
- To adapt the advertising contents inserted on the Site to your centres of interest and possibly in your preferred language
- To adapt and send you personalised information that are specifically intended for you by means of electronic prospecting or display on your terminal. This is thanks to the personal data that you communicate to us, in particular when you register or access one of our services to which we associate Cookies that we issue
- When you access a third-party site containing advertising space broadcasting one of our advertisements, this announcement may be sent to you via the recognition of one of our Cookies that we have previously deposited on your browser. These Cookies can be set by our technical service providers and used.
Cookies deposited by a third party on areas our Site
Our Site may contain Cookies issued by third parties (communications agency, audience measurement company, targeted advertising provider, etc.) allowing them, during the validity period of their Cookies:
- to collect browsing information about browsers accessing our Site
- to determine the advertising content that may correspond to your interests, to send you targeted advertising in view of your browsing history collected by the third party.
So you can manage your Cookies from:
- your browser software
- interprofessional platforms
Warning: the inclusion of your unsubscription is based on a Cookie. Therefore, if you disable all Cookies on your device or change handsets, we will no longer know that you have chosen this option.
- Managing your Cookies from your browser: You can configure your browser so that Cookies are saved in your device or rejected, either systematically or according to their issuer.
For the rules applicable to the management of Cookies stored in your browser, we invite you to consult the help menu of your browser and the ‘Your tracks’ section of the CNIL website Freedoms (www.cnil.fr/vos-libertes/vos-traces/les-cookies/ ).
- Online management of your Cookies from interprofessional platforms: You can also connect to the site www.youronlinechoices.com, proposed by the digital advertising professionals grouped within the European association EDAA (European Digital Advertising Alliance) and managed in France by the Interactive Advertising Bureau France.
You will be able to know the companies registered on this platform and that offer you the possibility of refusing or accepting the Cookies that they use to adapt, as they collect, the advertisements that may be displayed on your browser: www.youronlinechoices.com/fr/controler-ses-cookies/.
This European platform is shared by hundreds of advertising professionals on the Internet and is a centralised interface allowing you to express your refusal or your acceptance of Cookies as specified above. This procedure will not prevent the display of advertisements on the websites you visit. It will only block technologies that allow you to tailor ads to your interests.
8. Disclaimer of warranties
Although care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the Site, including but not limited to the information in connection with materials, information, advice, user content, products and services (if any) provided by Expo 2020, Expo 2020 assumes no responsibility. Therefore, your use of the Site is at your own risk.
The Site, including all contents, and functions made available on or accessible through the site, is provided As Is and As Available. To the fullest extent permitted by law, with regard to the contents of the Site, Expo 2020 hereby expressly disclaims any representations or warranties of any kind whatsoever, express or implied, contractual or statutory, (1) for the accuracy, merchantability, fitness for any particular reason, or non-infringement of any particular reason, or non-infringement of any content published on or available through the Site; nor (2) that the Site or the servers which make the Site available or electronic communications sent by Expo 2020 are free of viruses or any other harmful elements.
In no event, including but not limited to Expo 2020 negligence, shall Expo 2020 or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates or related entities be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, punitive, special or incidental damages (including without limitation, damages for loss of business, contract, revenue, data, information or business interruption) resulting from, arising out of or in connection with (A) the use of (B) access to or your reliance on, or (C) your inability to use or access, this Site, any contents of this Site, any external links on this Site, any website linked to this Site, or any contents thereof, or any website linking to this Site, or any contents thereof.
9. Use of Site by minors
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), but if you are under the age of 18 or the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you must use the Expo 2020 Site under the supervision of your parent or your legal guardian.
10. Changes to this Policy
Any changes to the Policy will be posted on this page. By clicking this box, you confirm your acceptance of the terms and conditions stated herein, along with any amendments provided in the future.